Saturday, February 8, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Italiano - 4 PPV

Everyone at my Weight Watcher meetings has been talking about Spaghetti Squash.  Well . . . I had really never even HEARD of Spaghetti Squash!

This week, when doing my weekly grocery shopping, I saw a Spaghetti Squash and decided that it was time to join the bandwagon and give it a try.  I perused the recipes on-line, but being on Weight Watchers, none of the recipes really matched the points value that I was hoping for.  Especially since I am soooo stingy with my points!  So I did my own thing.

Here is my recipe - and I have to say, it was so easy and so delicious!

Spaghetti Squash Italiano - 4 PPV


Ingredients:

1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (I used Prego Chunky Garden Tomato, Onion & Garlic)
1 Package Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Fat Free
Basil
Oregano

Directions:
1.  Microwave your squash for 5 minutes to soften slightly - then cut in 1/2 lengthwise
2.  Scoop out the seeds
3.  Place the two halves cut side down in a baking pan.  Add about 1/4" of water to the pan. Bake @ 350 º for approx. 45 minutes or until the flesh of the squash is tender.
4.  Using a fork, scrape the flesh from the squash into a baking pan.  The flesh will look like spaghetti.  Spread it out in your pan.
5. Pour the jar of sauce over the top of the squash and spread out so that all of the squash is covered.
6.  Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, covering all of the sauce.
7.  Sprinkle with Basil and Oregano to taste.
8.  Bake in a 350º oven for approx. 30 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly.

Servings: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment