Thursday, January 17, 2013

Football & Food - Welcome Super Bowl!!

It just seems like football and food go together.  And I am a huge fan of both.  The ultimate football day - Super Bowl XLVII - is fast approaching and it got me thinking about the hundreds of different food items that will be made on that day.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them all!  If your experiences of Super Bowl Sunday are anything like mine, it's one big eating-drinking-yelling-jumping-dancing-high-fiving fest of a day!!  Of course, my team is the Patriots and we have had a pretty awesome last 10-12 years or so. 

I decided that I would browse through all of my recipes and find 15 of what I think are the most yummy-looking Super Bowl recipes.  Some I have tried and some I have not . . . but I certainly want to try the ones that I haven't :)  I tried to choose some healthy ones in my list as well . . . but let's face it, the unhealthy ones just taste so good!

Be sure to let me know which ones YOU have tried.  And if you have any yummy suggestions of your own that you think should be added, by all means please, direct us to them in your comments!!

Beer Cheese Dip - posted by Cheryl from "Tidy Mom" - I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds absolutely amazing!

Touchdown Taco Pockets - from Mandy at "Gourmet Mom on-the-Go"


Cheesy Potato Wedges - from the girls at "OH SO DELICIOSO"


"Better than Takeout" Crab Rangoon - from Melissa at "I Breathe I'm Hungry"


Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - from Marsha Warner of "Real Women of Philadelphia"  - I made these for the Patriot Playoff game against Houston last weekend and they were awesome.  Plus, really cheap and easy to make.


Steamed Cajun Shrimp - from Kristen at "SlenderKitchen" - I made this a couple of months ago and I actually put the shrimp along with some diced celery and some skinny slices of red, orange and yellow peppers in a steam basket above the liquid while cooking rather than right in the liquid to cook. I then served the shrimp and vegetables with some of the liquid poured over the top.


Hot Wing Shots - from Kristen at "Baker Bettie" - I think that these are such a cute idea!  And I found little plastic shot glasses at my local grocery store which will work perfect for these.  They only cost a couple of dollars for 25 of them.  I tend to like my buffalo wings really crispy so I'll probably cook mine out on the grill rather than under the broiler though.


Queso Dip - from Maria and Josh at "Two Peas & Their Pod"


bite-sized BLTs - from Marilou Suszko at "Our Ohio"


Easy Fruit Dip - from Nikki at "Chef in Training"


Frank's RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip - by Campbell's Kitchen found on the "allrecipes.com" site - This is one of my go-to dishes and is always requested when we go to visit friends, have a party or have to bring a pot-luck to work!  It's easy to make and I never, ever have any leftovers.  I prefer to boil and shred fresh boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts rather than using the Swanson precooked kind.  I like using chunky blue cheese dressing.  And . . . I always sprinkle lots of shredded cheddar cheese on the top and let it get brown and crispy during the last few minutes of cooking.  Yummmm!


Snickers Dip - by Kim from "relativetaste"


Baked Jalapeno Poppers - from Tracey at "The Kitchen is My Playground"


Turkey-Cheddar Kabobs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce - published in the September 2007 issue of "Southern Living" and found on "myrecipes.com"


Texas Caviar - from Faye Leavitt found on "Heloise.com" - I have made this a few times and it is wonderful!  There are many recipes out there for Texas Caviar but this is the one that I like the best.  Thanks to my friend Janet for introducing me to this at a "Spamshiners Party" that I went to a few years back :)


Well . . . I hope that you get a chance to try them all!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment