Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cheesy Bake Dip: Great Super Bowl Food!

Tonight is the Super Bowl and we had hoped to be able to watch it with friends but ended up just the two of us staying at home watching it.  So making all of the yummy things that I had planned on making just didn't happen.  I did buy a nice loaf of bread to make a cheesy dip in so rather than the bread going to waste, I decided that I would make this.  This recipe for Cheesy Bake Dip is a recipe that I had found on Pinterest quite a while ago.  It originally came from Jasmine Heiler at Tried and Tasty.  Now, I'm glad that I chose that one to make because it was really good :)

Ingredients Needed:
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 16 oz. grated cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
  • 4 oz. chopped green chilies
  • Diced green onion (to taste)
  • 1 c. chopped ham
  • 1/2 lb. chopped bacon
  • 1 round bread loaf

        Mix first seven ingredients together:


Hollow out your bread - I couldn't find a nice fresh, round loaf today so I bought a long loaf - reserving the pieces that you remove for dipping later:


Fill the hollowed out bread with the mixture:


Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for one hour:


Serve with the leftover bread or chips.




No comments:

Post a Comment