Friday, February 22, 2013

Meatloaf - One of Those "Comfort" Foods

My husband adores home-cooked meals.  Especially home-cooked meals that he considers to be "comfort" food.  Meals like Shepherd's Pie, Macaroni & Cheese, Hot Turkey Sandwiches, Spaghetti & Meatballs and Chicken & Dumplings.  These are the kinds of foods that he considers "comfort" food.  But one of his favorite comfort foods is Meatloaf.  He just really likes my meatloaf!

My Meatloaf is something that I have been making for years.  It's one of those things that I cook without thinking twice about what I'm doing.  I found the recipe a long time ago in a Disney World cookbook that my Mom had given me.  I'm not sure if it is even the same recipe now - in fact, I'm pretty sure that it has evolved over the years.  So when you put this together, feel free to change things around to your own liking.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. Hamburger
  • 1 cup Oatmeal
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 5.5 oz. can of V-8 Juice
  • Salt & Pepper to taste


Set oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine hamburger, oatmeal, salt and pepper.  Add more oats if you want more consistency.


Add the egg and V-8 juice and mix well using your hands.


Transfer mixture into a loaf pan and shape leaving moats around the inside edges of the pan for the grease to collect.


Place in the oven and bake for one hour or until thoroughly browned.  Slice & Serve :)


No comments:

Post a Comment